This article has been published with permission. Karen Horneffer Ginter is co-founder of the Center for Psychotherapy and Wellness and the author of 'Full Cup, Thirsty Spirit: Nourishing the Soul When Life’s Just Too Much'.
1. My neighbor, Althea . . . she introduced me to my Father, Jesus and His Holy Spirit
2. Winter . . . more quiet . . . more cozy, snow, fire, winter birds . . . more time
3. This computer . . . a friend, I would not otherwise be able to connect with . . . you
4. Christian music . . . it elevates me to heaven while still here on earth
5. Kobe, our dog . . . everyday, he drags me out into nature to "take it all in"
6. Walking and dance . . . takes me outside of myself
7. Herbs and Spices . . . with these, something ordinary becomes gourmet
8. Festival Foods . . . because they do my meal planning for me (lots of ideas)
9. THE BIBLE . . . The Truth there Frees
10.God directing my husband to me . . . AND VERY sweet friendships to uphold me
11. A decade of anxiety/stress attacks . . . Lesson: I don't have to work my way to heaven . . . it is a gift. To stop . . . to breath . . . perfection no longer the goal.
12. #1. MUSIC . . . #2 written word . . . #3 EVERYTHING ART
13. The Church . . . A visible sign of God's work through PEOPLE ACTIVELY BELIEVING
14. The days our two sons were born and 2~14~1990 when God took our third 'little one' early
15. White . . . I'm drawn to it
17. Belize . . . scuba dove (way outside my comfort zone)...really eye opening...history amazing
18. The Salvation Army . . . the services they provide are life sustaining and changing
19. This is the most difficult question so far . . . you know, I can't say?!
20. I am so thankful I live in the country I do . . . I am blessed . . . good night![Hide Full Comment]
We need to remember that all of us are mult-faceted people. Each facet needs a different facet of our environment to engage with so it may blossom.
This questionaire is a reminder of this truth.i
THESE ARE EYE OPENERS WHO THINK EVERY THING IN THEIR LIFE HAPPENED ONLY BECAUSE OF THEM. I STRONGLY BELIEVE FOR THE SUCCESS OF EACH ONES LIFE THERE ARE CONTRIBUTION OF SO MANY ... I REALLY REMEMBER THEM WHEN I READ THE ABOVE ... THANKS
One of the highest reasons of a nation,a person was being graced before The universal authority[god],is not the intelligence nor good conducts. But simply being highly gratitude for every single good thing one could ever rejoiced.Realizing it, annouce it, and teaching it to others. Unfortunately, very few could realize how importance this is. more over, we easily identify individuals of such sense, such quality; but they don't know the correct way of expressing it.
I love this idea we do the tradition "what are you thankful for" .. but you cabn bet i will be upping the gratitude meter next year (i am in canada ,so ours is past for this year) thank you so much for this idea :)
Thank you so much for the post! I am always trying to challenge my family members to think outside the box and I'm usually met with groans and rolling of eyes. This will get them thinking creatively without as much effort :) I'm also going to come up with child-similar questions so that my small nieces and nephews can play along too! I am grateful for having subscribed to this site! :)
Thanks , so wonderful just reading these questions fills me with gratitude